1 Prepare Micro SD Card
- Get a new Micro SD card (8GB should suffice, 16GB is fine as well)
- Acquire the latest automatically built firmware image from: https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/axiom-beta-firmware/releases
- download, install and start Etcher: https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- Flash the acquired image to a new Micro SD card with Etcher (we highly recommend not overwriting the Micro SD card you currently use in your AXIOM Beta)
- After flashing put the Micro SD card into the AXIOM Beta Microzed Slot and power up the Beta
This new firmware is still in development so expect issues and bugs.
This is the list of current issues/bugs: https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/axiom-beta-firmware/issues
If you find a new bug please add it as github issue (please first check it has not been reported yet).
- default user is now “operator” with pw: “axiom”
- sudo is required to change system/camera settings as no password
- Image build log is located in each image under: /var/build.log
- devicetree is in: /boot/devicetree.dts
- axiom-file-check.sh does an integrity check of /usr, /etc and /opt
- binaries are linked in: /usr/axiom/bin
- scripts are linked in: /usr/axiom/script
- /opt/axiom-firmware contains scripts and binaries
- every beta currently has the same MAC address - a random one should be generated on the first boot.