1 Prepare Micro SD Card
- Get a new Micro SD card (4GB is enough, bigger is fine as well, but the partitions are not yet automatically resized when a bigger SD card is detected).
- Acquire the latest automatically built firmware image from: https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/axiom-beta-firmware/releases - don't be alarmed by the name "Unstable Development Snapshot" it just means the firmware has been automatically built without human interaction.
- Download, install and start Etcher: https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- Flash the acquired image to a new Micro SD card with Etcher (we highly recommend not overwriting the Micro SD card you currently use in your AXIOM Beta).
- After flashing put the Micro SD card into the AXIOM Beta Microzed SD card slot and power up the Beta.
This new firmware is still in development so expect issues and bugs.
This is the list of current issues/bugs: https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/axiom-beta-firmware/issues
If you find a new bug or have ideas for improvement please add it as github issue (please first check it has not been reported yet).
- Default user is now operator and password: axiom
- Sudo is required to change system/camera settings (like running the various scripts)
- All camera related programs and scripts are now prefixed with
axiom- (for example to run
set_gain.sh use run
axiom-set_gain.sh). They are now executable from anywhere.
kick_manual.sh was renamed to
halt_manual.sh was renamed to
cmv_snap3 was renamed to
- For example :
./cmv_snap3 -e 20ms -z is now done by typing
sudo axiom-snap -e 20ms -z
- Image build log is located in each image under:
- Devicetree source can be found at
/boot/devicetree.dts. To recompile it after any changes use
dtc -O dtb -o /boot/devicetree.dtb /boot/devicetree.dts
- To interrupt the autoboot from u-boot send
Ctrl-C over serial quickly after a boot / reboot (try holding it down)
axiom-file-check.sh does an integrity check of /usr, /etc and /opt
- Binaries are linked in:
- Scripts are linked in:
/opt/axiom-firmware contains scripts and binaries
- Every AXIOM Beta currently has the same MAC address - a random one should be generated on the first boot, but this is not implemented yet.
- Second Micro SD card slot is enabled by default.
- Factory Calibration Routines have been forked for firmware 2.0: Factory_Calibration_(firmware_2.0)
2.1 FPGA Bitstreams
- FPGA bitstreams are located in
/usr/lib/firmware and softlinked to from
- *.bit files (from old firmware) need to be converted to *.bin files (for new firmware) with:
/opt/axiom-firmware/makefiles/in_chroot/to_raw_bitstream.py -f input_file.bit output_file.bin
- make sure to load new bitstreams as root (
sudo su) and not with
sudo or use
echo axiom-fpga-main.bin | sudo tee /sys/class/fpga_manager/fpga0/firmware