The plan is to design a two part assembly of aluminium CNC milled front/back that are screwed together.
Ongoing OnShape CAD design:
- design silicone rubber (or alternatively solid plastic single button) pads for buttons
- design extension module mount (right side) and electronics connectors
- design connector position
- test TFT in direct sunlight, consider options for shading screen on remote somehow.
- Herbert suggested instead of screwing the PCB it could be clamped between front/back, he will share photos of this concept in action.