Full meeting log: http://irc.apertus.org/index.php?day=19&month=12&year=2016#37
1) IRC Meeting meta topic
- Feedback about the IRC meeting (also regarding the date - for people who currently can't attend) can be contributed at https://lab.apertus.org/T260.
- Bertl is working on lots and lots and lots of things, hardware and software and the nitty gritty technical bits (see http://irc.apertus.org/index.php?day=19&month=12&year=2016 for the impressive detailed list), top priority is on testing sensor frontends though.
- max_bxl reports on multiple collaboration opportunities being pursued, two at Louis-Lumière school (picture pipeline research, adapting sensors for lenses) and one with french video artist Jacques Perconte (https://vimeo.com/jacquesperconte).
Also they started bi-weekly "apertus° Info & Research Lab brussels" meetings in order to build a community and mix tech and cinema people, and will host an "Open Kino" festival in April 2017, where they will make movies with only FLOSS tools in 72 hours!
- davidak is working on content structure of new website with RexOrCine, Alex_Chooks and se6astian, organization is already really clear and they're working on details now, they also want to setup a new forum for users and participants - RexOrCine is investigaing options so the team can make an educated decision. Sebastian Gilits is working on the CMS (Drupal 8) and templates.
- simonrepp has wrapped elmyra in an electron application so people can just "download & run the exe" now, see https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/elmyra. Interview and screencast about elmyra should go out with the next team talk, will see what feedback this triggers.
Also he's researching on visualizing the Beta in Unreal Engine 4 (Sneak Peek: http://fdpl.foundation/beta-ue4.mp4), but currently going back one step to improve the actual source material by converting EAGLE PCB designs (*.brd) into 3D models using https://sourceforge.net/projects/eaglepcb2freecad/.