The plan is to design a two part assembly of aluminium CNC milled front/back that are screwed together.
Ongoing OnShape CAD design: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f41e9dcb61a8767f69b714af/w/009161441d6a06c023fb1540/e/982232b9f340d1f56d459ba2
- design silicone rubber (or alternatively solid plastic single button) pads for buttons
- design extension module mount (right side) and electronics connectors
- design connector position
- test TFT in direct sunlight, consider options for shading screen on remote somehow.
- Herbert suggested instead of screwing the PCB it could be clamped between front/back, he will share photos of this concept in action.