1.1 Bookkeeping & Accounting
Employments for the project, what is important to note?
Machine write offs, how does it work?
buying equipment, when are 3 offers required?
how closely do projected person months need to match the proposal?
hours record, expenses record or EU reporting -> templates
Grant Agreement Page 49:
Any dissemination of results (in any form, including electronic) must:
- display the EU emblem (http://europa.eu/about-eu/basic-information/symbols/flag/index_en.htm)
- include the following text: “This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 645560”.
When displayed together with another logo, the EU emblem must have appropriate prominence.
ICT 2014 - Information and Communications Technologies Call entitled: "Support the growth of ICT innovative Creative Industries SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises)"
All the documents related to this application are here : http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/topics/89-ict-18-2014.html#tab2
Submission Deadline: 2014-04-23
Budget: EUR 0.5 million to EUR 1 million for a period between 6 and 18 months (proposals requesting other amounts or durations are possible though)
Funding rate: 70% (100% for non-profits) plus 25% of total sum to cover indirect expenses
2.2 Partnership Notes
- Applications need to be handed it by at least 3 independent partner organizations, all located in different EU member states
- If any participating members involvement exceeds 325,000 Euros there will be a mandatory financial audit by an external auditor (KPMG, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PwC) up to two years after the projects completion. If the funds are lower than 325,000 Euros organizations to be audited are selected at random.
2.2.1 Grant Agreement
Any participating member is required to sign a grant agreement that outlines the rules under which the application and potential future collaboration will be conducted:
- Any work covered by grant money needs to be released under and open/free license
2.3 Financial Rules
How the Grant is calculated:
|Innovation Action||Direct Costs||Indirect Costs||Total Costs||% EU Contribution||EU Contribution|
This example is based on the fictional amount of 100 Euro.
2.3.1 Subcontracting vs Contracted Services
Subcontracting partners have to be listed in proposal already and are not eligible for 25% indirect cost flat rate.
Contracting Services do not have to be listed in the proposal already and are eligible for 25% indirect cost flat rate.
Contracting Services muste ensure the best value for money or, if appropriate, the lowest price, three offers need to be collected to justify the choice.
Details in the Grant Agreement under ARTICLE 10 PURCHASE OF GOODS, WORKS OR SERVICES
2.4 Horizon 2020 funding Process
1. Find a Call
2. Find partners
3. Register the Organisation
4. Submit a proposal
2.4.1 Find a Call
We have selected this call for the submission: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/topics/89-ict-18-2014.html
For more Information about the Funding Budget please read this Document: About ICT 2014-1 On page 85 you will find the Budget for ICT-2014-1-18.
2.4.2 Find partners
Our optimal goal would be to find 5-6 Partners in at least 4 countries. The min. requirements are 3 partners from 3 countries.
Country entitle to participate Call: All EU and the Associated Countries Associated Country list
2.4.3 Register the Organisation
This step is complete.
You have to register your organisation in to the ECAS system.
Online Manual: Registration of organisation
2.4.4 Submit a proposal
There are two parts: one for the budget and the second one for the project itself. This call is a one step submission that means we have to fill out all the required documents at once.
Online Manual: [Submit a proposal]
For more information the manual is available under: H2020 Online Manual
2.5 The Proposal
2.5.1 Important Information
- Page limits has to be respected. every page that is over the limit will be removed and the subject that was handled.
- every subject has to be addressed every subject that misses out will reduce the max. of points and the chance to get Grant.
- It's money from Tax payers you have to be fair in the calculation.
- Realistic targets The targets has to be realistic in Time frame and budget wise.
The proposal can be submitted multiple times it will help us to find errors. it's also important the final proposal has to be submitted one day before the deadline!!! the chance that the system will crash in the last hour of the deadline is really high.
For creating a solid Proposal it has to be read by different people to get a solid review.
We will have access to the experts at euresearch.ch to check your proposal that's a free service.
Example Proposal: Example (PDF)
For more Information about the Expert please go to the Horizon 2020 Experts Page.